Aftermath of winter break

Classes start up tomorrow, so I'll be posting again as I desperately try to procrastinate (like Calvin said, it's only work if somebody makes you do it). I'll be writing my thesis (see this related request for information) and taking classes on conventional weapons technology and human intelligence operations.

I have stacks of books from Christmas as well - I'm currently reading T. E. Lawrence's Seven Pillars of Wisdom. The other books on my reading stack are Eric Hoffer's The True Believer, Ian Buruma's Murder in Amsterdam, Thomas Power's Intelligence Wars, Kenneth Macksey's The Hitler Options, Tip O'Neill's All Politics is Local, Dave Grossman's On Killing, Fawaz Gerges' The Far Enemy, Andrew Bacevich's The New American Militarism. As well as Ben Franklin's On the Choice of a Mistress, given to me by my apparently tolerant fiance.

Also, on an admin note, I just added some stuff to the blog's sidebar, including a list of highlighted posts (copying MountainRunner's and TDAXP's idea from their sites). I did this to make it easier for me to keep track of the posts that I put effort into, and in the hope that if potential employers stumble across this site, they'll look at those posts before my posts of silly cat pictures.

1 comment:

Jay@Soob said...

"As well as Ben Franklin's On the Choice of a Mistress, given to me by my apparently tolerant fiance."

Lol! Welcome back and I'll be looking forward to your procrastination. :)